Main duties and responsibilities
Volunteer Management Role
- Ensure volunteer recruitment and initial training meets HealthServe’s needs and is of a high standard.
- Ensure HealthServe continues to build a committed volunteer workforce which is equipped to deliver services of a high standard and is highly motivated, enthused and professional.
- Co-ordinate volunteer scheduling, log volunteer hours and create reports.
- Ensure volunteers are effectively supported and supervised to carry out their roles and to feel valued for their work.
Volunteer recruitment and training
- Manage a rolling volunteer recruitment and initial training programme, ensuring:
- The volunteer offer is responsive to the motivations of prospective volunteers as well as the needs of the service
- The recruitment process is accessible and effective
- The quality of training is regularly reviewed and meets the standards, especially at HealthServe’s medical clinics
- HealthServe has a volunteer base which meets the needs of the service
Volunteer Community Development
- Manage volunteer learning and development across HealthServe to continue to build a committed volunteer workforce by ensuring:
- Volunteer learning and development needs are effectively identified and recorded
- The learning and development plan enables a variety of learning and development opportunities to be developed or made available in line with the needs of the service and individuals
- Volunteers are supported to develop career paths according to their motivations and ambitions
- Externally delivered training is researched, costed and quality assured
- Hands-on experience in program development and coordinated volunteer programs.
- Strong organisational, communication and administrative skills.
- Able to communicate and write well in English.
- Good team player, enthusiastic and should like working with people.
- Resourceful, creative and able to execute tasks independently if required.
- Willing to work outside of 'normal office hours' for events and activities
- Has knowledge of using Microsoft Office and Google Suite products (docs, sheets..etc)
- Optional: Language skills in Chinese, Bengali, able to drive in manual, experience working in public health sector is a plus.
You'll be working under the Head of Communications and Engagement.
Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why you are interested in working with HealthServe?
- What do you think you can contribute and why?
Salary range (SGD)
$2,800 to $3,400
All with relevant experience are welcome to apply.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying